Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I change my "classic" mail so I get a tone or pop-up when a new e-mail arrives?

I would like to receive a pop-up or musical tone when I'm on line and a new e-mail arrives. Possible?How do I change my %26quot;classic%26quot; mail so I get a tone or pop-up when a new e-mail arrives?You will need to have Yahoo Instant Messenger open in the background to hear the sounds and see the alerts. You can minimize it to the lower task bar while working in Yahoo Mail, and still receive them.

1. With Messenger open, click on %26quot;Messenger.%26quot;

2. Click on %26quot;Preferences.%26quot;

3. Click on %26quot;Alerts %26amp; Sounds.%26quot;

4. Check the box next to %26quot;Enable alert sounds.

5. Check the box next to %26quot;Alert me when someone signs on or off by showing a message at the bottom right corner.%26quot;

6. Check the box next to %26quot;Playing a Sound.%26quot;

7. Click the %26quot;Browse%26quot; button to choose the sound you prefer.

8. Click OK to save and close your preferences.How do I change my %26quot;classic%26quot; mail so I get a tone or pop-up when a new e-mail arrives?Email alerts are on the messenger. Go to and click messenger, scroll to and click Preferences. On the side menu click Alerts %26amp; Sounds. Mark the boxes, Enable alert sounds, Showing a message at the bottom right corner of screen and Playing a sound. Click Apply and Ok. You must be signed into the messenger to receive these alerts. When you do sign in, an envelope will pop up and you will hear a tone.