Thursday, November 25, 2010

I am changing my e-mail server. How do I transfer my contacts to my new address book?

I'm changing from @Videotron.ca to @Bell.ca. I really don't want to have to re-type my entire address book. Is there a way to copy the old one and paste it into my new address book? Thanks.I am changing my e-mail server. How do I transfer my contacts to my new address book?Yes.

Export your @Vedeotron account contacts to a file, comma delineated.

Import your comma delineated file into @Bell.ca account.



Both the Export and improt options is under the File tab of your mailer.



Another way is to just go into your email tools, account, properties, and edit your POP3, and your SMTP setting to your new account setting, change your server ID and pass word if you want it changed.I am changing my e-mail server. How do I transfer my contacts to my new address book?Are you using Webmail (logging in to a web page) or an email client (Outlook Express etc.)?



If Wemail then you should be able to archive or Export your address book. And then import it on your new email account.



If you are using Outlook Express or other client then your address book will stay. You just add your new account and delete the old account.