Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do you turn off deleting e-mail from the server in Microsoft Outlook?

My boss wants me to be able to see all my e-mails on the server (even when I don't have my laptop) by accessing the server from any remote comuter. In other words, even if I've already opened my e-mail client (and downloaded all of the e-mails), he wants me to set up Outlook to NOT delete any of them from the mail server.How do you turn off deleting e-mail from the server in Microsoft Outlook?Assuming you are using POP3:



- On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.

- Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.

- Select your ISP account, and then click Change.

- Click More Settings.

- Click the Advanced tab, and under Delivery, select the Leave a copy of messages on the server check box.