Monday, September 19, 2011

I can't access my yahoo e-mail or change password, what can I do? can a hacker prevent me from changing it?

If you have not used the yahoo account for 3 months yahoo cleans house of inactive accounts. Could that be the issue here?

I assume that you have tried to use the %26quot;forgot your password or ID%26quot; that is in the yahoo sign in box? If not try that.

If your account is still active AND you remember your secret answers you can probably get the account back because a hacker cannot change these. He can change your address and sometimes yahoo asks about that during the %26quot;forgot your password or ID%26quot; routine.

If you remember your secret answers contact Yahoo Customer Care using this link:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yaI can't access my yahoo e-mail or change password, what can I do? can a hacker prevent me from changing it?the hacker has changed the password ,so you won't be abe to change it because you don't know the new one.I can't access my yahoo e-mail or change password, what can I do? can a hacker prevent me from changing it?I just went through this yesterday, so it's fresh in my mind...

Contact Yahoo! Customer Care at 1-866-562-7219. They will ask you some questions to verify your identity, and will then send you a temporary password to access your account. (had to be sent to an alternate email address, which I gave over the phone)

While you have this person on the line, I would strongly suggest updating your security question! I couldn't find where to do this anywhere online.