Monday, September 19, 2011

Opened a file from my e-mail, made changes to it and then pressed save, where did it go?

I opened a word document from my e-mail, made a bunch of changes and then pressed save, not save to. I accidentally closed the document and now I can't find it. Is there any where to retrieve the document with the changes I made?Opened a file from my e-mail, made changes to it and then pressed save, where did it go?if you're using MS Outlook, it's in the actual email from which you double clicked to open, adjust and 'save.' I was dumbfounded by that one a few years back. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.



From then on, you save to your designated location on your computer, etc. And then reattach to the reply. However, if it was saved somewhere on your computer then you should use the 'search' function and look for the file by name, or type, or size, or date modified. Don't forget you've got those options if you click on the 'advanced search options' from your Start Menu - Search window.Opened a file from my e-mail, made changes to it and then pressed save, where did it go?if u know what name u saved it under u can always use search tab to locate it , but other than that pretty much screwed